Wes Craven’s A Nightmare on Elm Street has terrified and entertainment horror fans for decades. The series introduced the world to a villain unlike anyone we had ever seen before: Freddy Krueger. I’m sure you can vividly remember the first time you watched Tina dragged helplessly across her bedroom ceiling. Or the shock that hit you like 1000 volts as Jennifer went careening head-first into the hospital television. Few horror titles have have touched audiences the way A Nightmare on Elm Street has. FredHeads, a new documentary from Venn Pictures and Northgate Pictures, plans to explore that relationship between fan and Freddy.
Filming on location at horror conventions across the world, the filmmakers have spoken to countless fans about their obsession with Freddy Krueger. From their favorite deaths in the franchise to the scenes that scared them the most, the fans have finally been able to express how much these films have meant to them. Director Paige Troxell shares her own feelings in the film’s IndieGoGo campaign: “ The Nightmare on Elm Street franchise has done more than impact my life, it has saved my life. In my darkest times I have turned to Elm Street. It is a survival story, it is my best friend, it is my comfort, and it is my home”- A sentiment echoed by countless fans the world over.
FredHeads is an independent, feature-length documentary about the fandom behind Wes Craven’s A Nightmare on Elm Street. Due out in late 2018, this documentary will take you on a journey of fandom and self-discovery that wouldn’t have been possible without this cult classic film from the 1980s and its eccentric main character.
Included in the documentary are interviews with various cast and crew, including:
- Lisa Wilcox (actress, A Nightmare on Elm Street 4 & 5)
- Tuesday Night (actress, A Nightmare on Elm Street 4)
- Danny Hassel (actor, A Nightmare on Elm Street 4 & 5)
- Andras Jones (actor, A Nightmare on Elm Street 4)
- Toy Newkirk (actress, A Nightmare on Elm Street 4)
- Kelly Jo Minter (actress, A Nightmare on Elm Street 5)
- Ricky Dean Logan (actor, Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare)
- Miko Hughes (actor, Wes Craven’s New Nightmare)
- Robert Kurtzman (special effects legend, A Nightmare on Elm Street 5)
- Mick Strawn (production designer, A Nightmare on Elm street 4)
- Roberto Lombardi (actor, Krueger fan film series)
- Nathan Thomas Milliner (filmmaker/artist, NECA & Shout Factory)
FredHeads is expected to drop Late 2018, with no concrete release date. The crowd-funding campaign is only live for another few weeks, with plenty of sweet perks available to you for supporting indie horror. To fund FredHeads and learn more about the project, check out the IndieGoGo campaign.