The return of John Carpenter to the Halloween franchise is one that fans have been waiting for since Halloween III: Season of the Witch in 1982. Luckily for us, we won’t have to wait much longer. While Carpenter’s involvement with David Gordon Green’s upcoming version of Halloween has been known for a while now, today we got the first official details on the soundtrack release. All 13 different versions of it.
Sacred Bones has been Carpenter’s label for a while now releasing both Lost Themes albums, Lost Themes Remixed, as well as his Anthology album. This time around it’s no different. Once again working with his son Cody Carpenter and Daniel Davies, the soundtrack pays homage to the original with a modern Carpenter twist. Here’s the different versions they have currently up for pre-order:
- Limited Edition Version LP: Edition of 2000 “art edition” copies, housed in deluxe die cut packaging with exclusive alternate artwork and poster by Chris Bilheimer, pressed on clear vinyl with “Orange Pumpkin” inset
- Limited Edition Orange LP
- Standard Black LP
Waxwork Records in conjunction with Sacred Bones will also have an exclusive variant, currently up for pre-order on their site.
- “Mask White, Jumpsuit Blue, and Blood Red Swirl” LP
Not enough for you? Well don’t fret. There’s more. Here’s the other versions that will be available at various retailers.
- John Carpenter Tour will have a “Red & Black Splatter” LP
- US Indie Exclusive Orange LP
- UK Indie Exclusive “Bloody Knife” LP
- Rough Trade Exclusive “Orange & Black Starburst” LP
- Books-A-Million Exclusive “Bloody Pumpkin” LP
- FYE Exclusive “Dirty Bloody Mask” LP
- Newbury Comics Exclusive “Orange & White Starburst” LP
- Rocket Exclusive Half Black/Half Orange LP
Prices start at only $19 for the LP, $14 for the CD making this album a no-brainer must have for any fan. Pre-orders are up now and the album will be released (same day as the film) on October 19th.