It has taken 2017 by storm. Since the film’s Box-Office obliterating opening weekend in the beginning of September, audiences can’t get enough of Pennywise the Dancing Clown. And soon, fans of the Stephen King adaptation are going to be able to add 2017’s biggest horror hit to their collections.
IT will be be released digitally on December 19th and arrive on 4K Ultra HD/Blu-ray/DVD on January 9th, 2018. The standard editions of the film are available for pre-order now on Amazon, but fans of the film might want to hold out.
It appears fans will have their pick of the litter. Both Best Buy and Target are vying for your Pennywise Pennies. Best Buy will be releasing an exclusive Steelbook release, and Target has just announced an exclusive version with Lenticular Packaging and postcards.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- Pennywise Lives! – Discover how Bill Skarsgård prepared to portray the primordial creature known as Pennywise the Dancing Clown
- The Losers’ Club – Get up close and personal with the teenage stars of “IT” as they bond together during the production,
- Author of Fear – Stephen King reveals the roots of his best-selling novel, the nature of childhood fear and how he created his most famous monster, Pennywise
- Deleted Scenes – Eleven deleted or extended scenes from the film
- Languages: English, Latin Spanish, Canadian French, Brazilian Portuguese
- Subtitles: English, Latin Spanish, Parisian French, Canadian French, Brazilian Portuguese
New Line Cinema’s horror thriller “IT,” directed by Andrés Muschietti (“Mama“), is based on the hugely popular Stephen King novel of the same name, which has been terrifying readers for decades. When children begin to disappear in the town of Derry, Maine, a group of young kids are faced with their biggest fears when they square off against an evil clown named Pennywise, whose history of murder and violence dates back for centuries. “IT” stars Bill Skarsgård (“Allegiant,” TV’s “Hemlock Grove“) as the story’s central villain, Pennywise. An ensemble of young actors also star in the film, including Jaeden Lieberher (“Midnight Special“), Jeremy Ray Taylor (“Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip“), Sophia Lillis (“37“), Finn Wolfhard (TV’s “Stranger Things“), Wyatt Oleff (“Guardians of the Galaxy“), Chosen Jacobs (upcoming “Cops and Robbers“), Jack Dylan Grazer (“Tales of Halloween“) and Nicholas Hamilton (“Captain Fantastic“).
Muschietti is directing “IT” from a screenplay adapted by Chase Palmer & Cary Fukunaga and Gary Dauberman. Dan Lin, Roy Lee, Seth Grahame-Smith, David Katzenberg and Barbara Muschietti are producing, with Marty P. Ewing, Doug Davison and Jon Silk serving as executive producers.
The behind-the-scenes creative team includes director of photography Chung-Hoon Chung (“Me and Earl and the Dying Girl“), production designer Claude Paré (“Rise of the Planet of the Apes“), editor Jason Ballantine (“The Great Gatsby“), and costume designer Janie Bryant (TV’s “Mad Men“).
Check out the exclusive release packaging and details, below!