Still deep in the post-glow of Guillermo Del Toro’s THE SHAPE OF WATER, Kim and Jon sit down to watch two more fantastical horror films from the visionary director. Join us on this week’s episode of Nightmare on Film Street as we compare the haunting beauty of THE DEVIL’S BACKBONE (2001) and the mythical majesty of it’s sister film, PAN’S LABYRINTH (2006).
And as always, let us know what you thought about this week’s episode and vote on our Feliz Navidad poll on Twitter @NOFSpodcast, and join our Facebook group to continue the conversation with the horde of horror fiends!
This show is made possible because of fiends like yourself!
Support Nightmare on Film Street at www.patreon.com/nightmareonfilmstreet
What’s Keeping us Creepy?
1. Guillermo Del Toro’s “At Home With Monsters” exhibit at Toronto’s Art Gallery of Ontario.
2. Also, Guillermo Del Toro’s “At Home With Monsters” exhibit at Toronto’s Art Gallery of Ontario.
3. And if we still have time, Guillermo Del Toro’s “At Home With Monsters” exhibit at Toronto’s Art Gallery of Ontario.
4. Scaring is Sharing! Join Nightmare on Film Street and the Horror Community in #HORRORFORTHEHUNGRY a worldwide food drive! Simply drop off a non-perishable food item (caned vegetables, pasta, peanut butter, etc) at your local donation bin, use the hashtag #HorrorForTheHungry, and we’ll match the donation in our community, can for can!
3. BEETLE BREAKFAST, the 2nd pin from the Cinema Cemetery Collection is now available forpresale! Inspired by everyone’s favorite Bio-Exorcist, this tombstone pin is a hand-drawn replica of the tombstone featured in BEETLEJUICE. “I’ll eat anything you want me to eat, I’ll swallow anything you want me to swallow, so come on down and I’ll… chew on a dog!”
4. We’re on Spotify! You can now grab episodes of Nightmare on Film Street on the Spotify app! Tell your friends, tell your boss, tell your evil doppelganger! Just search ‘Nightmare on Film Street‘ and hit that FOLLOW button, fiend!
December 21st, 2017
iTunes – Stitcher – Google Play – Spotify
Support the Show:
Patreon – Merch – Advertise – Leave a Review