The 2017 FREDDY'S
Horror movies have never had a very large turnout at the annual Oscars gala. Gore isn’t reserved a seat. The answer when reporters ask “What Are you wearing?” isn’t “Someone else’s face”.
We here at Nightmare on Film Street want to honor Horror films; the films that delve into the darker side of humanity, the freaky fantastical, and the morbidly hilarious. Enter THE FREDDY’S – HORROR AWARDS. (Consider Freddy the maniacal younger brother of the perfect, pristine Oscar) And you, the esteemed Horror Public, will be making all of the decisions.
You’ll be able to Nominate, Vote, and Recognize the gory, the depraved, and the terrifying- just like dramas and period pieces at the Academy Awards. Public Nominations are open for categories such as ‘Best Actress‘, ‘Best Cinematography‘, and ‘Best Documentary Feature‘! Help us to celebrate all things Horror in the first annual Freddy’s!
Nominations are now closed. Stick around, the voting round begins shortly.
Nomination Guidelines and Eligibility
- All films must be considered Horror or Horror-leaning Genre, Black Comedy, Dark Comedy, Thriller, or Sci-Fi.
- Films have to have seen either Theatrical, VOD, Streaming, Physical, or Festival release in or after January of 2017, up until January 1st, 2018.
- The 3-5 films with the most nominations in each individual category will move on to the voting round.
- Up to 1 nomination per category, per individual. You may submit nominations for as little as only 1 category, should you wish
- Persons caught submitting duplicate entries will have all votes and nominations disqualified.
- Note; to submit your nominations, you must hit the SUBMIT button on the final page of the submission form.
January 1st – 22nd
January 29th – February 19th
THE FREDDY’S – Horror Awards Ceremony
All winners will be announced on the episode of Nightmare on Film Street podcast airing March 1st.
The following images have been created for your use on social media to help spread the word about THE FREDDY’S – Horror Awards! You are welcome to steal, repost, and share!