If you’ve never seen Creepshow, or you want to experience the film in an entirely new way, then Scream Factory has got just the thing for you. Just in time for Halloween, a completely new 4K Remastered Collector’s Edition Blu-Ray is due for release with all sorts of bells and whistles, including several never before seen behind the scenes features.
If you’re somehow unfamiliar with Creepshow, it was part of a wave of 80s horror anthology films. It was written by Stephen King, directed by George Romero and features five different stories over its two hour run time. A few of the stories are even based on short stories by King, although most of the tales are originals created for the film.
Creepshow is schlocky in all the right ways, and holds up well despite some of the effects being dated and the acting being… off on occasion (*ahem* Stephen King). Here’s what the upcoming Blu-Ray includes; most of these features are completely new to Scream Factory’s release:
- Most importantly, a complete 4K remastering with color correction supervised and approved by the original director of photography, Michael Gornick
- Audio commentary from director George Romero and effects creator Tom Savini
- Audio commentary from director of photography Michael Gornick
- Audio commentary from composer John Harrison and construction coordinator Ed Fountain
- Round table discussion on the making of Creepshow featuring Romero, Savini, and others
- Interviews with various members of the crew responsible for the film’s unique style
- Features on various posters of the film and with props used in the film
- Interviews, picture galleries, behind the scenes footage, etc.
Sure, there’s plenty of talent behind the camera, but Creepshow also boasts performances from Ed Harris, Hal Holbrook, Adrienne Barbeau, and Leslie Nielson (just to name a few) in a collection of stories just the right mix of creepy, campy fun. The film even hold a brief appearance by Stephen King’s son and fellow horror creator Joe Hill.
If you’re a fan of classic 80s horror, Scream Factory’s Creepshow release is going to be one to pick up this Halloween. It releases October 23, 2018, and can be preordered right here. Excited for Creepshow? Let us know your favorite horror short in the film over on Twitter and stay tuned to our Horror Group on Facebook for the latest horror news and features!